I wanted to join in with Sew Grateful week but talked myself out of it.
What a total lemon right?!
OF COURSE I’m grateful for the awesome sewing community that spurs me on, celebrates with me, kicks me in the butt when I’m slacking and offers wonderful advice and support, all with such good humour and friendliness.
That goes without saying.
So I probably shouldn’t have entered some of the amazing giveaways being hosted since I chickened out myself.
But I did cos I’m a cheeky madam like that. Hahah.
And oooh my gawd. I won the most amazing and probably the most difficult pattern I will ever work on. The Anise jacket by Colette Patterns!!
Humongous thanks go to Sonja of Ginger Makes for this awesome prize. I’m sure you all read her blog; she’s the girl with the mile wide smile and one of the elite Mood Sewing Network (pretty much making her a sewing super hero).
In other blog news the sweet petite Stephanie fom Love-Teach-Sew nominated me for two awards that seem to have been merged into one: The Lovely Blog award and The Inspiring Blogger Award.
Since the awards were married these have become the new rules:
1) Thank and link back to the awesome person who nominated you. 2) Share seven things about yourself. 3) Nominate ten other bloggers and comment on their blogs to let them know. Easy!
1. Love-Teach-Sew is a super new little poppet of a blog, created just this year! Stephanie is so excited to sew in a country where sewing classes and textbooks are hard to come by. It’s pretty awesome to be that determined to sew. Thanks Stephanie!
2. Hmm what fantastic facts can I dazzle you with.
- I’m a huge James Bond fan and I wrote my Degree dissertation on the gender relationships in Ian Fleming’s 007 novels. I could go on for hours about this. I’ve edited this comment back down twice.
- I’ve been a vegetarian since age 14. Primarily because I don’t like the taste, texture, look or smell of meat. Learning about the treatment of animals has also certainly affected me. Plus vegetables are so damn scummy, why bother with meat!?
- I am currently on financial lockdown while saving for a new home. I am being very good about fabric shopping. If I ever start to wobble into excessive spending I think about how I’m going to decorate my new sewing room. Mmm….
- I have a younger brother who everyone thinks should be a model (Pffft…! He’s getting a big head) but is actually a talented trainee architect. I call him Little Fro instead of little bro because of his curly mop top.
- I write most of my posts on my smartphone wordpress app during my ludicrously long commute. Like this one. Hello Mr Conductor.
- I dream about Tim Gunn and Stephen Fry marrying and adopting me. Think of all that sewing and general knowledge plus comedic brilliance!!
- Last but not least I ate my Shrove Tuesday pancakes with strawberries and chocolate. Hey, no one said these couldn’t be topical!
3. For my ten foxy bloggers I tried my best to find blogs on my Google Reader who don’t already have this award and so I hope they’d appreciate it:
- Notches and Notions
- The Shutterbug Blog
- 52 Creations
- Dinosaur Girl
- Helen Made
- Yes I like that
- Vicki Kate Makes
- Sew Many Happies
- Mancunian Vintage
All this lovely community spirit has got my sewing engine revved up. What have I been doing being sick and pathetic and unable to sew?!
I need to get cracking.