And now the last. Some goals for the new year!
I have so many plans and there isn’t enough time to do everything but I’ve put a few things down below that would make me happy to have a go at specifically in 2014. Hey these aren’t set in stone (just like last year!) but since you’re asking me about it…
1. Specific Big Hitter Items – Jeans (Kathryn, next time we meet up I’m totally going to bore you to death about Jean sewing as these are mid-construction and I can already see myself making more pairs), a proper button-up blouse (meaning one with a proper collar), a weekend or satchel bag and finally the perfect knit dress.
2. New Exciting Classes, events and exhibits – I want to take a screen-printing class, maybe a digital design class and definitely go to the amazing Couture Inside Out session at FTM (reviewed here by Janene) when it returns. I have to convince the Mr to take a trip to the Bowes fashion gallery. And most importantly I want to keep meeting up with the fabulous sewing ladies of the blogisphere.
3. Better blog photography – Now obviously I don’t have total control over this goal as I need a willing photographer to assist me but I’m getting him on board by being extra sweet to him! Hopefully we can put together some better photoshoots and show off a bit more of what Leeds has to offer while still showcasing my makes.
4. Spoonflower/Be Fab Creative printing – I’ve been teaching myself Photoshop during the past year and have learnt some fun techniques for creating repeating prints. I’d really like to try getting some of these printed up on fabric. I’m not saying they’ll be the most inventive genius designs the world will have ever seen but hopefully they’ll entertain me if no one else.
5. Attitude to goals and deadlines – My final goal is to not beat myself up if I don’t finish my goals or perfectly meet deadlines (heehee). It just seems silly to get upset over some self-imposed target. Saying that I know there are a few items I want to make this year that definitely do have firm deadlines so as long as I hit the bare minimum I’ll be happy with slipping on any others.
I really enjoyed doing these posts again this year. Thanks to Gillian for cooking the whole idea up!
Out of all the areas I have to say I find people’s inspirations and goals the two best areas. Things that inspire your fellow bloggers can totally lead to new inspirations for you. And seeing each other’s goals help you maintain perspective on realistic challenges to set yourself and see if your goals align with anyone elses! Instant moral support.
If you’re not writing a post on your goals for 2014 let me know in the comments what your plans are. I’d love to hear them!